Bacterial Vaginosis treatment focuses at increasing the number of good bacteria in the vaginal. Bacterial vaginosis treatment is aim at raising the body immune system. Bacterial vaginosis treatment mainstay is the restoration of normal balance of the vaginal area. Bacteria Vaginosis (BV) is a common type of vaginal infection caused by an overgrowth of bad bacteria in the vaginal. The bacteria in the vaginal live in an acidic environment but a rise in the vagina PH level makes it more basic in nature rather than acidic. This environment makes it uncomfortable for lactobacillus (good bacteria) that reduces in number while the population of anaerobes (bad bacteria) multiplies in numbe. Bacteria vaginosis can be passed from female to female sexual partners but cannot be passed from female to males. Bacteria vaginosis are known as gardnerella vaginitis and vaginal bacteriosis.
In the course of reading this article. These are what you’ll come across:
- What is Bacterial vaginosis?
- Bacterial vaginosis Sign or symptoms.
- What may happen if bacteria vaginosis is not properly treated.
- How bacteria vaginosis can be prevented and
- Bacterial vaginosis treatment.
Ready to get started?
Bacterial Vaginosis Causes
Bacteria vaginosis (BV) occurs as a result of disturbances of normal microflora. This include bacteria and yeast that are found in women that happens as a result of different reasons such as some abnormal responses of the immune system and changes in the PH balance of the vagina. Inside the vagina is normally slightly acidic, with a PH between 3.8 to 4.2. A PH higher than 4.5 is overly alkaline that promotes bacteria vaginosis. Causes of bacteria vaginosis include:
(1) Douching: Cleaning of the genital with water or other cleaning substances.
(2) Diabetes: It provides suitable environment for vaginal vaginosis in women as a result of high sugar level in the body and the vaginal.
(3) Use of intrauterine device
(5) Washing your underpants with strong laundry detergent.
(6) Bathing with perfumed or antiseptic liquids, soaps or bubble baths that cause burning sensation in your genital.
Bacterial Vaginosis Symptoms
- Burning sensation while urinating.
- Itching around the vaginal.
- Some women experience pain when showering or during or after sex.
- Vaginal discharge that is usually thin or grayish white that tends to be heaviest just after sex periods.
It all boils down to these…
Bacterial Vaginosis Complications
If bacteria vaginosis is not properly treated it may result in:
- Premature delivery.
- Premature rupture of membranes.
- Amniotic fluid infection.
- Postpartum endometritis
- High post – cesarean wound infection risk.
- Low birth weight for babies.
However, when a baby is born prematurely such baby may suffer from :
- Breathing difficulty.
- Bleeding inside the brain.
- Poor growth.
- Chronic lung diseases and
- Delayed growth.
Also, bacterial vaginosis increases your chances of suffering from:
As well as your partner.
Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment: VAGINOSIS PREVENTION
It can be prevented by:
(a) Taking lot of water and natural fruit juices to detoxify your system.
(b) Consuming food rich in zinc mineral, Vitamin A, C and E to raise your immune system.
(c) Having enough rest and sleep because your body will heal itself during sleep.
(d) Practicing hygiene in and around your genitals.
(e) Controlling or regulating your blood sugar levels and reduce your stress.
(f) Wearing of loose under wear produce from cotton materia and maintain circulation of air around your genitals.
(g) Avoid spicy foods, if you’re suffering from smelly vaginal discharge.
(h) Avoid sexual intercourse while you are suffering and receiving treatment for bacteria vaginosis in order not to worsen the vaginal PH balance.
This write-up is not meant to be a substitute to where the service of a medical professional is urgently needed.
Bacteria Vaginosis Treatment
(1) GARLIC (Tafarnuwa in Hausa; Ayuu in Igbo; Alubosa ayu in Yoruba) It contains antibacterial properties that aid in bacterial vaginosis treatment. Chew 2 to fresh Garlic pods two times a day. You can add it in your diet as well.
(2) FENUGREEK SEEDS (Edo Ewedu in Yoruba; Hulba in Hausa; Kerenkeren Ahenhea in Igbo) Put 1 tablespoon of Fenugreek seeds in 250 ml cup of water. Boil it for 8 minutes. When it is cool. Strain and drink. Do it three times a day for bacterial vaginosis treatment.
OR: Soak 1 tablespoon of Fenugreek seeds in a cup of water overnight and drink it on an empty stomach before breakfast.
(3) YOGURT: Contains a number of good bacterial that aid in the restoration of the natural balance of the vaginal area. Soak a cotton ball in plain or unsweetened yogurt every day for 10 minutes and insert it your genital for two hours. You can also you use it to clean around the genital area also.
(4) APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (ACV): It aid in the restoration of the vagina PH. Put 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in 300 ml cup of water and 1 tablespoon of Organic Pure Honey. Mix them together and rinse your vulva with it. Do it two times a day for bacterial vaginosis treatment.
(5) BORIC ACID: Help in fighting bacteria vaginosis in women who have recurring infections. You can use 600 mg capsule of Boric Acid that is inserted directly in the vagina daily for two weeks.
If you’re pregnant do not use Boric Acid.
(6) COCONUT OIL (Mai Allayadi in Hausa; Adiagbon in Yoruba; Mmanu aki beke in Igbo; Ori kokodia in Urhobo) It promote the multiplication of good bacteria and prevent the growth of unheard ones. Apply coconut oil to the affected area two three times a day for bacterial vaginosis treatment.
OR: You can soak tampon in a coconut oil and insert it in your vagina for 1 hour. Rinse your vaginal with lukewarm water after removing the tampon.
OR: You may use Coconut oil for cooking also.
(7) TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL: It contains strong antifungal properties that acts like natural antiseptic which help in getting rid of unhealthy bacteria. Mix 4 to 5 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil with 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil. Soak a tampon in it and insert the tampon in the vagina. After 1 hour you can remove it.
Before using the diluted oil, apply little part of it on your shoulder to know whether you are allergic to it or not. If it react negatively on your skin that means you’re allergic to it and do not use it.
(8) MAGNIFERA INDICA (Mango in English; Mangoro in Yoruba; Imagilo in Urhobo; Mangolo in Hausa) Obtain shade dried Mango leaves and dried Mango kernels. Powder both of them and mix thoroughly with similar quantity of Organic Pure Honey. Take 1 tablespoon two times in a day for bacterial vaginosis treatment.
(9) PSIDIUM GUAJAVA (Guava in English; Igobe in Urhobo; Gorofa in Yoruba; Gwaba in Hausa; Gova in Igbo) Prepare tea infusion of Guava leaves. Drink 250 ml and douch with 100 ml. Do it two times a day for bacterial vaginosis treatment.
(10) ALOE VERA (Tinya in Hausa; Ebube agu in Igbo; Ahon Erin in Yoruba) Obtain Aloe Vera leaf. Cut it into half. Extract the juice. Apply it over the affected area for bacterial vaginosis treatment.
(11) AZADIRACHTA INDICA (Neem in English; Ogwu akom in Igbo; Aforo oyinbo, Cassia in Yoruba; Bedi, Ko, Dongoyaro in Hausa) Neem is known for it antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic properties that is important in treating yeast, fungal, bacteria and viral infections. Obtain 1 handful of fresh Neem leaves, squeeze or blend them in water. Sieve it to remove the chaff. Drink 150 ml and douche your genital with it. Do it two times a day for bacterial vaginosis treatment.
(12) BLACK WALNUT (Asala, Awusa in Yoruba; Ukpa in Igbo) Boil either roots or leaves of Black Walnut in water. Drink 200 ml of the tea infusion and douche with 100 ml of it. Do it two times a day for bacterial vaginosis treatment.
(13) BAKING SODA: Put half teaspoon of Baking Soda in 300 ml of lukewarm water and mix thoroughly. Use it to douche the affected area for bacterial vaginosis treatment.
OR: Add 1 tablespoon of Baking Soda in your bath water. Soak yourself in it for 15 to 20 minutes. Once you’re done dry your body before putting on your clothing and you must dry the moisture from your genital.
(15) Extract the juice of both fresh leaves of MOMORDICA CHARANTIA (Bitter melon in English; Okwunuolo, Akban ndene in Igbo; Daddasu in Hausa; Udjiro in Urhobo; Ejirin wewe in Yoruba)
and Fresh leaves of PHYLLANTHUS NIRURI (Ehinbisowo Yin olobe Eyin olobe in Yoruba; Geroon tsuntsaaye in Hausa; Ngwu, Eyinkonwa in Igbo; Stone breaker in English) blend both fresh leaves in similar quantity to extract their juice. Mix 2 tablespoons of the extracted juice with 2 tablespoons of Lime juice (Omi osan wewe, Omi oronbo in Yoruba; Evwe in Urhobo; Kadanbuya, Ruwa lemu tsami in Hausa; Oroma nkirisi in Igbo). Take it two times a day for bacterial vaginosis treatment.