Gout treatment main priority is to provide you relief from severe pain and inflammation caused by gout. Gout treatment will also assist you in the prevention of further gout attacks. Gout or gouty arthritis is a form of arthritis that is characterized by sudden, serious attacks of pain, swelling, redness and tenderness of joints often at the base of BIG TOE. Gout is more common in men than women that can be extremely painful and dellibitating. Gout attack can suddenly happen, waking you up in the middle of the night with the sensation that your BIG TOE is on FIRE. The affected joint became hot, inflamed and so tender that the weight of the sheet on it may be intolerable by the sufferer.
This write-up focuses on: symptoms, causes, risk factors, complications, diets and gout treatment.
I THINK YOU’LL AGREE WITH ME WHEN I SAY…
This write-up will enable you to know:
- Signs and symptoms of gout.
- What causes gout.
- Factors that increases your chances of suffering from gout.
- What may happen, if gout is not properly treated.
- Dietary guidelines that assist in the management of gout.
- Foods to limit or avoid and
- Gout Treatment.
Any joints can be affected by gout but it usually affects joints towards the end of the limbs such as toes, ankles, knees and fingers. The signs and symptoms include:
- Severe pain in one or more joints.
- Such joint become hot and very tender.
- Sweling in and around the affected joints.
- Red, shiny skin over the affected joint.
- As gout, continues you have difficulty in moving the affected joint normally.
Besides, the symptoms develop rapidly over few hours that may last 3 to 10 days. After this time the pain will go and the joint become normal. Almost all gout sufferer will suffer further attacks at some point in their life usually within a year.
Gout occur due to build up of a substance called URIC ACID in the blood. If you produce too much uric acid or your kidneys do not filter out enough uric acid, uric acid can build up and form tiny sharp crystals in around the joint causing pain, inflammation and swelling.
You won’t believe what we discovered…
The following factors increases your likelihood of suffering from gout.
(1) Kidney problem.
(2) Having a family member that suffers from gout.
(3) Too much consumption of alcohol or spirit.
(4) Being overnight weight, high blood pressure and diabetes.
(5) Consumption of foods such as red meats, organ meats, high fructose corn syrup, and so on that may trigger gout.
If gout is left untreated, it may lead to:
(a) Permanent damage of joint.
(b) High blood pressure
(e) Kidney stones and
(f) Small firm lumps of uric acid crystal under the skin known as tophi.
Stay with me now…
The following dietary guildlines will assist you in the management and prevention of gout future attacks. They’re:
- Dehydration may worsen gout, drink plenty of water as your body can take.
- Consume unprocessed fruits and vegetables and whole grains such as: apples, oranges, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, bananas, avocados.
- Reduce consumption of saturated fats.
- If you are overweight, reduce the amount or number of your calories intake.
- Obtain your protein from low fat diary products such as skimmed milk and consumption of organ meats (liver and kidney), cheese.
Foods To Avoid or Limit
It is good to know which food to avoid or limit and observe or monitor how much of such foods that your body can tolerate. They are:
- Completely stay clear of red meats.
- Avoid the following sources of protein or make sure you know certain amount that can cause your problem. They include seafoods such as: scallops, sardines, herring, mackerel and anchovies.
- Avoid coffee and caffeinated beverages.
- Avoid sugary drinks and products like energy drinks, sodas, biscuits, ice cream, high fructose corn syrup, et cetra.
- Stay away from alcohol and alcoholic drinks such as whisky, gin, beer, and so on.
Equally important, sleep early to prevent gout attack. Sleep before 9PM at night. Generally uric acid is normalized by the body between 9 PM to 12 AM during the midnight. If you have habit of sleeping late at night, you may have gout attack. In addition, gout treatments can help relief gout pain, symptoms and prevent further attacks.
This write-up is not meant to be a substitute to where the service of medical professional is urgently needed.
(1) UNRIPE CARICA PAPAYA (Pawpaw, Papaya in English; Etihi-mbakara in Efik; Gwanda in Hausa; Ibepe dudu in Yoruba; Okwere Okwuru bekoe, Ojo, Okpurukwa in Igbo) prevent and manage gout caused by excess uric acid accumulation in the blood. Always eat unripe pawpaw for gout treatment.
(2) APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (ACV) : Drinking of Apple Cider Vinegar known as Cider Vinegar break up uric acid crystals and prevent them from reforming the joints by aiding blood circulation and purification. It also reduces inflammation and swelling in the joints allowing for better flexibility of joints. Pour 2 tablespoons of 2 tablespoons of raw ACV in 200 ml cup of water. Mix them and drink. Do it three times a day for gout treatment.
OR: Mix 4 cup of water with 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar. Soak your foot in it for 30 minutes. OR: You soak a clean dry cloth in Apple Cider Vinegar and wrap it around the affected area for about 15 minutes.
(3) BANANA (Unere, Unine in Igbo; Ogede omimi Ogede paranta in Yoruba; Ayaba in Hausa; Agbo in Idoma) contains Vitamin C and potassium that changes uric acid crystals into liquid that can be excrete through urination that reduce inflammation caused by gout. Mash Bananas in a cup of skimmed milk (low fat milk). Have it daily.
Read: Common Cold Treatments
(4) LEMON (Itie akpaenfi in Urhobo; Ruwa baba lemu in Hausa; Ekpe nkirisi in Igbo; Omi osan ganyin in Yoruba) Add 2 tablespoons of Lemon juice in 100 ml of lukewarm water and 1 tablespoon of Organic Pure Honey. Mix them together and drink. Do it three times a day for gout treatment.
(5) AVOCADO (Ube oyinbo, Ube beke in Igbo; Piya in Hausa; Eso pia in Yoruba; Piya in Hausa) It assist in the reduction of uric acid accumulation in your blood. Add Avocado in your diet for gout treatment.
(6) Obtain equal quantities of Carrot, Beet, Cabbage and Cucumber. Juice them, drink 150 ml two times a day for gout treatment.
(7) Grind the following items in equal proportion:
- Cinnamon bark.
- Fenugreek seeds.
- Ginger and
- Fresh Garlic pods
Mix them together with Organic Pure Honey. Take half tablespoon with lukewarm water two times a day for gout treatment.
(8) JUNIPER ESSENTIAL OIL: For gout treatment blend 3 drops of Juniper Essential Oil with 1 tablespoon Coconut oil, gently massage the affected area with the mixture.
(9) IPOMOEA BATATA (Sweet potato in English; Odukun, Anamon, Kukuduku in Yoruba; Dankali Dorawa in Hausa; Oi – beke, Ji – beke in Igbo) Slice a sweet potato together with it bark and crush them. Soak the crushed sweet potato in 250 ml cup of water overnight. Strain and drink on an empty stomach before breakfast for gout treatment.
(10) EPSOM SALT (Magnesium Sulphate) Contains magnesium that is effective at relaxing muscles and lowering pain. Add 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt in a bowl of lukewarm water. Soak the affected area in it for 15 minutes. Do it once in every 3 days.
(11) RED SANDALWOOD (Gunduru gyada kurmi in Hausa; Uturukpa, Uturukpe in Idoma, Igbo and Igede; Gbenge in Yoruba) Prepare tea infusion of fresh matured Sandalwood leaves. Drink 250 ml three times a day. OR: You may slightly boil fresh tender Red Sandalwood leaves and consume as soup for gout treatment.
(12) TURMERIC (Ohuboboch, Nwandumo in Igbo; Iblue in Urhobo; Gigir in Tiv; Atale pupa in Yoruba; Kurkur in Hausa) fights xanthine enzyme that produce uric acid. Put half tablespoon of Turmeric mix with 1 tablespoon of Organic Pure Honey in 200 ml hot water. When it is lukewarm, drink . Do it two times a day for gout treatment.
(13) APPLE: For gout treatment. Eat an Apple once a day to neutralize uric acid in the blood.
(14) ANANA COMOSUS (Pineapple in English; Aregede in Idoma; Abarba in Hausa; Edin ebo in Bini; Mbuer u butter in Tiv) It contains rare prolytic enzyme known as Bromrlain that assist in breaking down complex proteins and have anti inflammatory properties that assist in gout treatment. Eat pineapple fruit always.
(15) MOMORDICA CHARANTIA (Bitter gourd, Balsam pear in English; Okwunuolo, Akban ndene in Igbo; Iliahia in Igala; Garahanu in Mbula; Ndaki in Dera; Dagdaggi in Fula-Fulfulde Hanshinaship in Goemai; Daddagu in Hausa; Dagdagoo in Kanuri; Akara aje Ejirin wewe, Igbole aja in Yoruba) It assist in the detoxification of the body and reduce pain associated with gout. Obtain some Bitter gourd leaves blend them in water. Warm the water and gently massage the affected area with it. Do it two times a day. You can also add some slightly boil tender Bitter gourd leaves in your diet for gout treatment.
We diligently research and continuesly update our information. Please let us know if you find any error(s).
Thank you for reading!
Follow us on social media