Cystitis treatment is aim at making it difficut for the Escherichia coli (E. Coli) that inflames the bladder linning and the the digestive tract less favourable and prevent Escherichia coli multiplication. Cystitis (Sis – TIE – tis) is defined as the inflammation of the bladder. It is common type of urinary tract infection (UTI), particularly in women. The bladder is a muscular bag that stores urine from the kidneys. Urine leaves the body through a tube known as urethra. Cystitis happens when bacteria travel up the urethra, infect the urine and inflamed the bladder linning.
This article will focus on meaning of cystitis, causes, symptoms, risk factors, how it can be prevented and cystitis treatment.
I know what you’re thinking:
How does this article benefit me?
Here are what you’ll benefit; you’ll know:
- The meaning of cystitis.
- The causes of cystitis.
- Symptoms of cystitis.
- Some illness or health conditions come with symptoms that resemble cystitis.
- Cystitis in women, men and older people.
- Factors that increases chances of getting cystitis.
- What may happen if it is not properly treated.
- How cystitis can be prevented and
- CYSTITIS TREATMENT.
Now, let me explain…
Most women who experience cystitis were affected once in their lives which is painful and annoying. It is not dangerous or contagious and the infection can’t be transmitted on to your partner during sex. If left untreated, the infection can ‘backtrack’ deeper into the urinary system from the bladder and reach the kidneys. A kidney infection is serious and needs quick medical attention as it can cause Kidney damage or even failure of the kidney.
The most common bacterium causing urinary tract infection is Escherichia coli (E. coli). E. coli is commonly found in the digestive tract and bowel. Under normal circumstances, it is harmless. But E. coli thrives in the acidic environment of the bladder, where it multiplies and inflames the bladder lining.
These are signs and symptoms of cystitis:
- Burning sensation when urinating.
- Dark, cloudy or strong – smelling urine.
- Blood in urine (hematuria).
- Frequent urge to urinate or frequent urination.
- Pain in the lower abdomen.
However, elderly people may feel weak and feverish but suffer none of the symptoms mentioned above. They may also present with alter mental status.
These are important…
Some other illnesses or conditions that may have similar symptoms to cystitis include:
(c) Candida or thrush.
(d) Lower urinary tract syndrome.
(e) Bladder pain syndrome.
(g) Prostatitis and
(h) Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) in men.
You won’t believe what we discovered…
Cystitis in Women
Women in their late teens and older are most vulnerable to cystitis, especially if they are sexually active. The female urethra is only 4 cm long, which gives bacteria easy access to the bladder.
Female sex hormones influence the vaginal secretions that affect the ability of bacteria to survive which makes women more vulnerable to infection:
- During pregnancy.
- During menopause and
- After a total hysterectomy.
Cystitis in Men and Older People
Men tends to get cystitis later in life. Where trouble with flow of urine is a symptom, this may indicate that the underlying cause is a problem with their prostrate gland. Cystitis is common in older people, especially if they are unwell. Bladder catheter and some urinary tract operations may also increase the risk of cystitis.
This takes us to…
CYSTITIS RISK FACTORS
Cystitis risk factors are:
(a) Tampon use.
(b) Blockage in the part of urinary system that prevents the flow of urine.
(c) Falling levels of estrogen in women.
(d) Reduction of mucus.
(f) If bladder is not completely emptied.
(g) Inserting, changing or using urinary catheter for a long time and
(f) Use of diaphragm for birth control.
If not properly treated cystitis may lead to kidney infection that permanently damage the kidney and blood in the urine (hematuria).
Let me tell you how…
Cystitis can be prevented by:
- Drinking plenty of liquids every day especially water.
- Drinking a glass of water and empty your bladder after intercourse.
- Wearing cotton instead of nylon underwear.
- Not wearing of nylon panty hose, tight pants or tight jeans.
- Avoiding bubble baths.
- Urinate once you feel the urge to so.
- Stay away from acidic foods or drinks because they cancel out urinary alkalizers effects and can worsen your burning sensation when urinating.
- Treat vaginal infections such as thrush or trichomoniasis promptly, since these organisms can promote cystitis.
- Wash your genital before sex and urge your partner to do similar thing.
- Pee immediately after sex.
- Wipe yourself from front to back (urethra to anus) after going to the toilet.
- Not using perfumed soaps, talcum powder or any type of deodorant around your genitals.
Do consult YOUR doctor for proper diagnosis of this condition. Use cystitis treatment just as an adjunct treatment.
(1) CARROT : Drink 200 ml of fresh Carrot juice with 300 ml of water. Do it three times a day for cystitis treatment.
(2) LADY FINGER (Okra, Okro in English; Okuru in Igbo; idu in Idoma; Kubewa in Hausa; ila in Yoruba) Slice 3 sizeable fresh pods of Lady Finger and put them in 250 ml cup of water. Cover it for 7 to 8 hours. Remove and discard the sliced Okra. Drink the water early in the morning before breakfast and at night before bed time for cystitis treatment.
(3) APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (ACV): Apple Cider Vinegar change the bladder PH level there making it less hospital for the that bacteria that causes cystitis. Put 1 tablespoon of raw or undiluted Apple Cider Vinegar in a pint of water. Divide the water into two and drink two times a day for cystitis treatment.
(4) THYME : Prepare tea infusion of fresh Thyme leaves in water for 7 minutes. Strain and drink 300 ml three times a day for cystitis treatment.
(5) CRANBERRY : Contains D – Mannose that prevents the bacteria from attaching to the bladder wall, allowing you to flush it out. Obtain the fresh leaves of Cranberries blend them in water to extract their juice in water. Drink 250 ml two times a day.
Or: You can drink 400 ml of Cranberry juice once a day for cystitis treatment.
(6) CUCUMBER: Drink 250 ml of Cucumber juice twice daily with water. Do it two times a day for cystitis treatment.
(7) BAKING SODA : Add 1 tablespoon of Baking Soda in 300 ml of water. Mix thoroughly. Drink once a day for cystitis treatment.
(8) Mix the following items together in powder form:
(a) Stem of Tinosporia Cordifolia (Heart plant in English; Epa ikun in Yoruba) 10 grams.
(b) Spondias Mombin (Hog plum in English; Iyeye in Yoruba; Tsadar lamarudu in Hausa; Uvuru, Ijakara in Igbo) 5 grams.
(c) Phyllanthus Amarus (Stone breaker in English; Oyomokeso amanke edem in Efik; Geeron tsuntsaaye in Hausa; Eyinkonwa Ngwu in Igbo; Eyin olobe, Ehinbisowo, Yin olobe in Yoruba) 5 grams.
(d) Urtica Dioica (Stinging Nettle in English; Esin-sin, Esisi in Yoruba; Osokporode in Urhobo; Akwu , Agbara in Igbo) 5 grams.
(d) Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme in English) 10 grams.
Mix the powder together thoroughly. Put 1 teaspoon in cup of hot water. Allow it boil for 5 minutes. When it is cool strain and drink. Do it two times a day for cystitis treatment.
(9) After powdering the herbs below take the mentioned tablespoon and mixed them together thoroughly:
(a) Albizia Lebbeck (Igba Igbo in Yoruba; Eshegeshege in Bini) 2 tablespoons.
(b) Spondias Mombin (Hog Plum in English; Tsadar lamarudu in Hausa; Iyeye in Yoruba; Uvuru, Ijikara in Igbo)
(c) Moringa Oleifera (Drumstick, Moringa in English; Okwe oyinbo, Okwe beke in Igbo; Zogelle, Zogalla-gandi Zogala in Hausa ; Ewe igbale in Yoruba) 1 tablespoon.
(d) Tribulus Terestries ( (Danguro in Yoruba; Hana takama in Hausa; Tsaiji in Fula-Fulfulde; Kaije in Kanuri). 1 tablespoon.
(e) Boervavia Diffusa (Baba juju in Hausa; Eti-pon-ola, Etipa elila, Erinpa in Yoruba; Azeigbe in Igbo) 2 tablespoons.
(f) Phyllanthus Amarus (Stone breaker in English; Ngwu, Oyomokeso in Igbo; Geeron tsuntsaaye in Hausa; Ehinbisowo, Yin olobe, Eyin olobe in Yoruba; Oyomokeso amanke edem in Efik)
Mix all of them together. Put 1 tablespoon of the mixed items in 300 ml water. Boil for 7 minutes. Strain and drink when it is cool. Do it two times a day for cystitis treatment.