Catarrh home remedies will assist you to loosen your catarrh. Catarrh home remedies will make you find it easier to expels your catarrh. Catarrh is a build-up of mucus in an airway or the body cavity. Catarrh can also be defined as much thick phlegm or mucus in one of the airways or cavities of the body. Mucus is a natural product of the body and protects the body against infections by trapping germs in the nose, throat and airways of the lungs. There is an excellent system that produces a thin layer of mucus on those linings. The mucus is cleared from the lungs and sinuses by specialized cells with minute hairs that beat it away. Catarrh home remedies are self help techniques that will help you to relieve symptoms.
In this write-up, I’Il be sharing with YOU: what causes catarrh, catarrh symptoms and CATARRH HOME REMEDIES.
You must be wondering:
What will you gain from reading this article?
Here are what you’ll gain; you’ll know
(a) About catarrh.
(b) What causes catarrh.
(c) Catarrh symptoms and
(d) CATARRH HOME REMEDIES.
Now, let me me set the stage for this write-up…
When there’s infections, the lining responds by increasing it production of mucus. Also, it sends in great numbers of white cells to attack invading germs. This turns the normally clear mucus into mucus that is yellowish or greenish in colour by debris of Invaders and defenders that’s the discoloured mucus known as CATARRH, when they cough it up, blow it out or feel it dripping down the back of their throat.
Some people complain that the flow of mucus is continous or much, although what is in excess to one person may not be so with another person. Catarh is often temporary but some people experience it for months or years which is known as CHRONIC CATARRH.
CAUSES of catarrh
Catarrh is caused by the body’s natural defences, the immune system reacting to an infection or irritation. When this occurs, it sends white blood cells to the source of the infection or irritation, which then releases molecules that cause the mocous membranes to swell and produce mucus. The swelling also narrows the cavity further congestion and this catarrh can be clear and runny or thick and coloured.
READ: Common Cold Treatments
But that’s not all…
For unknown reasons, some people have abnormally sensitive blood vessels that react to environmental triggers such as cigarette smoke and pollution. This causes the affected blood vessels to swell in a similar way to an infection or allergic reaction and it is this swelling that leads to congestion and catarrh known as vasomotor rhinitis or non – allergic rhinitis. Cigarette smoke and pollution are common triggers for this, with others including : perfume, alcohol, spicy foods, stress and changes in weather.
So far this write-up has examined causes of catarrh. Now, let me move on to the SYMPTOMS of catarrh.
The signs and symptoms of catarrh are:
- Cracking sensation in the middle ear and temporary hearing loss.
- Persistent cough.
- Runny nose.
- Constant need to clear your throat.
- Headache or facial pain.
- Reduced sense of smell and taste.
- Feeling that your throat is blocked
- Blocked or stuffy nose that you can’t clear and
However, catarrh can be frustrating to live with and may affects your sleep, making you feel tired. Consult your doctor, if your catarrh continue and it is making life difficult for you.
This article is not meant to be a substitute to where the services of medical professional is urgently needed.
You don’t want to miss the next part…
CATARRH HOME REMEDIES
(1) TUMERIC (Iblue in Urhobo; Gigir in Tiv; Kurkur, Gangamau in Hausa; Atale pups in Yoruba; Ohuboboch, Nwandumo in Igbo) Boil half tablespoon of Tumeric in 300 ml water.
When it become cool add 2 tablespoons of Lime juice (Kadanbuya, Ruwa lemu tsami in Hausa; Omi osan wewe, Omi oronbo in Yoruba; Oroma nkirisi in Igbo; Evwe in Urhobo)
and take 1 tablespoon of ORGANIC PURE HONEY (Oyin igan Oyin gidi in Yoruba; Iyio in Tiv; Dorawa in Hausa; Zmanu in Igbo).
Mix them together and drink. Do it three times a day.
(2) BARLERIA PRIONITIS (Sin-kin-mini in Yoruba; Porcupine flower in English) prepare tea infusion of Barleria Prionitis leaves. Drink 200 ml of the tea infusion mix 1 tablespoon of Organic Pure Honey. Do it three times a day. Drink when it is lukewarm.
Or: Extract the juice of fresh Barleria Prionitis leaves. Take 2 tablespoons mix with Organic Pure Honey. Do it twice daily for catarrh home remedies.
(3) Boil Guava leaves ( Gwaaba in Hausa; Igobe in Urhobo; Gorofa in Yoruba; Gova in Igbo) and Violet plant leaves (Ewe Karo in Yoruba) in water for 25 minutes. Drink 250 ml three times a day when it is lukewarm for CATARRH home remedies.
(4) Mix 2 pinches of Black Pepper (Masooroo in Hausa; Uziza, Uzize in Igbo; Ata iyere in Yoruba), half tablespoon of crushed Garlic pods (Tafarnuwa in Hausa; Ayuu in Igbo; Alubosa ayu in Yoruba) and and 1 tablespoon of Organic Pure Honey. Take it three times a day with lukewarm water for catarrh home remedies.
(5) Boil the following items in water for catarrh home remedies:
(I) Fresh leaves of Bambusa Arundinaecea (Bamboo in English; Otosi in Igbo; Gora in Hausa; Kewe, Kewal in Fulfulde; Songough in Tiv; Okpo in Urhobo; Apaye, Oparun, Apala in Yoruba)
(II) Lemon Rind (Itie akpaenfi in Urhobo; Baba lemu in Hausa; Osan gayin in Yoruba; Oroma nkirisi in Igbo)
(III) 2 Ginger Rhizomes (Atale in Yoruba; Jinja in Urhobo & Igbo; Chitta in Hausa)
Drink 150 ml of the tea infusion three times a day.
We diligently research and continuesly update our information. Please let us know if you find any error(s).
Thank YOU for reading!