Candidiasis is an infection caused by a yeast (a type of fungus) known as candida. Candida normally resides inside the body (in places such as the mouth, throat, gut and vagina) and on the skin without causing any harms. Sometimes candida multiply and cause an infection if the environment inside the vaginal changes in a way that promotes it growth.
This write-up focuses what is candida, causes, symptoms, risk factors, prevention and NATURAL TREATMENTS.
I know what YOU are thinking:
How will this article benefit me?
Here are what you stand to gain; YOU’LL know:
- Candidiasis different names.
- What causes candidiasis.
- Candidiasis symptoms in both women and men.
- Categories of people at risk of vaginal candidiasis.
- What must be done when treating systemic candidiasis.
- How candidiasis can be prevented.
- AND CANDIDIASIS NATURAL TREATMENTS.
Let me break this down for you…
When candida (a type of yeast) affects the mouth, it is known as thrush. Candidiasis in the vaginal is popularly known as “vaginal yeast infection”. Other names for this infection are “vaginal candidiasis” or candida vaginitis”.
Moreso, candidiasis affects up to 3 out 4 women at some point in their lifetime. Many women experience at least two episodes. Candidiasis is not considered a sexually transmitted disease infection. But there’s an increased risk of infection at the time of first regular sexual activity. There is also some evidence that this infections may be linked to coital (oral – genital sex).
What causes candidiasis?
The fungus candida albicans is responsible for candidiasis infections. Your vaginal naturally contains a balanced mix of yeast, including candida and bacteria. Certain bacteria LACTOBACILLUS ACIDOPHILUS act to prevent yeast overgrowth. But the balance can be disrupted. An overgrowth of candida or penetration of the fungus deeper into the vaginal cell layers causes candidiasis SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS.
CANDIDA OVERGROWTH can result from:
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
- Weakened immune system.
- Taking oral contraceptives or hormones therapy that increase estrogen levels.
- Alcohol consumption
- Using of tobacco.
- Eating foods high in simple starch such as sugar.
Here’s why that’s important..
In addition, stay clear of natural sweeteners like maple syrup and honey. Natural sugars from fruit are discovered to be problematic. So keeping fruit consumption to a minimum recommended levels can assist you as well.
Interestingly, non – nutritive sweeteners like saccharine have been discovered to suppress candida growth.
- A high fat intake.
- Poor hygiene.
- High levels of stress.
- Food with added yeast.
- Poor digestion.
- Environmental toxins.
Also contribute to the growth of candida.
In penile candidiasis (that’s candidiasis that affect men), the causes include:
- Sexual intercourse with an infected person.
- Low immunity.
- Antibiotics and
Male genital yeast are not common but a yeast infection on the penis caused from direct contact through sexual intercourse with an infected partner is not uncommon.
This takes us to candidiasis SYMPTOMS!
Yeast infections or candidiasis symptoms can range from mild to moderate that include:
- Painful intercourse.
- Pain, itching or burning in or around the vagina.
- Burning of vagina during urination.
- A thick white vaginal discharge that resemble cottage cheese.
- Skin fissures or soreness.
- Watery vaginal discharge .
In men, SYMPTOMS are notice at the penis that include:
- Discharge and
OTHER SIGN and SYMPTOMS believed to be associated with candidiasis are:
- Rectal itching.
- Stomach pain.
- Joint pain or swelling.
- Poor memory.
- Numbness, burning, tingling.
- Unrelenting exhaustion (lethargy).
- Chronic fatigue.
- Shivering when hungry.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Anxiety attacks or crying.
- Loss of sexual desire.
- Endometriosis or infertility.
- Cold hands and feet or feeling cold often.
- Mental irregularities or severe cramping.
- Prostatitis or inflamed prostrate gland.
- Constipation, diarrhea, bloating, gas or belching.
- Genital or toe nail fungus and
- Chronic skin rashes.
Contact your MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL, if you experience any of the SYMPTOMS mentioned above. However, the symptoms similar to those of other types of infection of the vagina. Your health care provider can tell you, if you are suffering from vaginal candidiasis.
Read Also: White Tongue Natural Treatments
Who is more likely to suffer from Vaginal candidiasis?
The following women are more likely to suffer from Vaginal candidiasis, they’re those who:
- Are pregnant.
- Have diabetes.
- Are taking or had recently taken antibiotics.
- Use hormonal contraceptives for instance, birth control pills.
- Have a weakened immune system (for instance, HIV infection or medicines that weaken immune system such as steroid and chemotherapy.
- Are stressed and
- Nutritional deficiency.
In extreme cases, superficial infection may enter into the blood stream and lead to systemic candida infections. It may spread to other organs, including the Central nervous system, kidney, liver, bones, muscles, joints, spleen or eyes.
But that’s not all…
When Treating Systemic Candidiasis The Following Things Must Be Done:
- Boosting the immune function by changing diets and lifestyles.
- Restoration of good or beneficial bacteria population.
- Oxygenation of the blood.
- Improve detoxification functions especially those involving the liver.
- Stay away from things that promote yeast growth.
- Cleansing of the blood stream and recomposition of the blood and
- Repair any cellular damage.
Stick with me here because…
Candidiasis can be prevented by:
- Avoiding unnecessary use of antibiotics for colds or other viral infections because antibiotic upset the body balance of bacteria and yeast.
- Avoiding vagina sprays, perfume and lotions that can irritate the vagina and cause imbalance of bacteria and yeast.
- Using water based lubricant during sexual intercourse.
- Eating probiotic – rich foods.
- Yeast feeds on sugar! Avoiding or reducing consumption of sugar to the minimum will go a long way in assisting you.
- Wearing loose fitting clothing, cotton under wear and ironing your cotton pant before you wear it.
- Not staying in wet clothes such as swimsuits and workout attire for long periods of time.
- Avoiding douching that removes some of the normal bacteria in the vagina that protect you from infection.
- Consumption of diet high in complex carbohydrates that contributes to a healthy balance of oral and intestinal flora.
- Showering after sexual intercourse and oral sex.
- Avoiding tight – fitting panty hose and tight jeans because yeast thrives in moist and warm environment.
- Cleaning your genital from front to back after using the toilet.
- Putting type of contraceptive to be used into consideration because estrogen – based contraception may promote yeast growth.
Read also : Mouth Odour or Bad Breath Natural Treatments
So what’s the solution?
Do consult YOUR doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment of this condition. Use NATURAL TREATMENTS just as an adjunct treatment.
CANDIDIASIS NATURAL TREATMENTS
1. AFRICAN BIRD PEPPER (Ose oyinbo in Igbo; Barkono in Hausa; Apoko eeke in Idoma; Ata ijosin, Ilufemi in Yoruba; Isie in Benin; Usira in Esan; Ungbapa in Tiv; Cayenne pepper in English) It is potent against 16 types of Candida Albicans. Adding Cayenne pepper in your diet is ideal for your immune system and help to strengthen your body response against candida that are opportunist and take every opportunity to spread their infection.
2. YOGURT: Natural, unsweetened, non – flavoured yogurt contains bacteria known as PROBIOTICS that contribute to health and aid in the restoration of good bacteria and yeast in the body. Drink 300 ml of unsweetened or non – flavoured yogurt two times a day.
Or: Soak 2 cotton balls in natural, unsweetened or flavoured yogurt every day for 10 minutes. Use the FIRST ONE to clean around your vagina and discard it. Insert the SECOND COTTON BALL soaked in unsweetened or plain yogurt in your genital. After 2 hours remove it.
3. ALOE VERA (Tinya in Hausa; Ahon Erin in Yoruba; Ebube agu in Igbo) Obtain Aloe Vera leaf, cut it into half. Extract the gel or juice and rub it around your genital area by using cotton balls.
4. COCONUT OIL (Kuramai kwee in Tiv; Adiagbon in Yoruba; Mai Allayadi in Hausa; Mmanu Aki beke in Igbo; Ano ipari in Idoma; Ori kokodia in Urhobo) It contains antifungal properties that fight Candida Albicans yeast. Take 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil two times a day.
Or: Apply Coconut oil on the area infected by Candidiasis.
Or: Soak tampon in Coconut oil and insert it in your vaginal for one hour. After removing the tampon, rinse your vagina with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
5. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (ACV) It help in the restoration of the Vagina PH. Add 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar to lukewarm water in your bath tub. Soak your body in it for 20 to 25 minutes. Do it three times a day.
Or: Put 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) in 300 ml cup of water. Drink half of it and use the rest to rinse your VULVA. Do it two times a day.
6. HIBISCUS SABDARIFFA (Sobo rodo in Hausa; Isapa pupa in Yoruba; Roselle in English) possesses antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal properties that removes bacteria from the urinary tract. This also makes it effective for CANDIDIASIS. Prepare tea infusion of Hibiscus Sabdariffa. Drink 300 ml two times a day.
7. BURDOCK ROOT: Put 1 tablespoon of Burdock root powder in 300 ml very hot water. Stir it thoroughly. Drink when it is lukewarm. Do it twice daily.
8. OREGANO ESSENTIAL OIL: It contains antifungal properties such as thymol and carvacrol. This oil hinder Candida Albicans growth. Blend 3 drops of Oregano Essential Oil with olive oil. Soak your tampon in this mixture for some minutes. Then insert it in your genital and change it every 2 to 4 hours during the day. It must not exceed 5 hours in your genital.
Or: Boil Oregano leaves in water. Drink 250 ml of the tea infusion two times a day.
OR: Insert Oregano oil Capsule in your private part before bedtime at night.
Rub the undilluted Oregano Essential Oil on your FOREARM to know whether you are allergic to it or not. If there’s no reaction after 12 to 24 hours of rubbing it on your forearm that means your are not allergic to it. IF YOU ARE PREGNANT AVIOD IT.
9. BORIC ACID: Vagina Boric Acid Capsules can be use to treat women with yeast infection and it is very useful for women who have recurring infections. Insert 600mg of Boric Acid directly in to your vagina once a day for 14 days.
Avoid BORIC ACID if You’re pregnant.
10. AZADIRACHTA INDICA (Ogwu akom in Igbo; Bedi, Dongoyaro, Ko in Hausa; Cassia, Aforo Oyinbo in Yoruba; Neem in English) Prepare tea infusion of fresh Neem leaves. Drink 150 ml two times a day and also use 150 ml of Neem tea infusion to douche your private part when it cool down.
11. TURMERIC (Iblue in Urhobo; Nwandumo, Ohuboboch in Igbo; Gigir in Tiv; Gangamau, Kurkur in Hausa; Atale Pupa in Yoruba) put half tablespoon of Turmeric in 150 ml lukewarm milk. Stir thoroughly and drink. Take it before bed time.
12. CLOVES (Kanafuru in Yoruba; Kanumfari in Hausa) It contains natural powerful essential oil known as eugenol that is highly effective in fighting fungal. Boil some Cloves in 300 ml water. Drink it two times a day when it cool down.
13. CARICA PAPAYA (Papaya, Pawpaw in English; Mpuer in Tiv; Ojo Okpurukwa Okwere, Okwuru bekoe in Igbo; Gwanda in Hausa; Etihi-mbakara in Efik; Eto oyinbo in Urhobo; Ideru in Idoma; Ibepe in Yoruba) Obtain fresh Carica Papaya leaf. Remove the middle rib of the leaf. Blend or squeeze the leaf in water in order to extract it juice. Sieve and drink 200 ml three times a day.
Or: Grind dried Carica Papaya seeds and add little water to form paste.
Apply it over the affected area for 20 minutes. Wash or rinse it away with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
We diligently research and continuesly update our information. Please let us know if you find any error(s).
Thank YOU for reading!