Ear pain home remedies will help you to numb ear pain. Ear pain home remedies aim at helping you to get relief from ear pain. Ear pain can be unbearable making you unable to sleep as a result of the pain. It may even affect your daily activities. Ear pain or ear ache can be either be a sharp dull or burning pain which comes and goes or it may be always. In fact either or both ears may be affected.
This article seeks to analyze what ear pain mean, causes, symptoms, how it can be prevented and ear pain home remedies.
Let me guess…
This write-up will enable YOU to know:
- The causes of ear pain.
- Ear pain signs or symptoms.
- How ear pain can be prevented and
- Ear pain home remedies.
Let me break this down for you…
Ear Pain Causes
Ear ache can be caused by :
- Inflammed teeth.
- Eardrum infection.
- Trapped water in the ear.
- Bacteria infections.
- Sinus disease.
- Inflammed tonsils.
- Allergic reactions to things like earrings, soaps or shampoo.
- Sore throat
Ear Pain Signs or Symptoms
Ear ache symptoms include:
- Puss from the ear.
- Unable to sleep
- Pain in the outer ear, middle and outer ear.
If ear pain is not treated, ear infections can spread to the jaw and other parts of the body. It may result in hearing loss and can cause high fever. If ear ache does not resolve on it own (or have ear ache more three days, keep getting ear pain) consult your medical doctor.
Ear Pain Prevention
Ear pain can be prevented by:
- Hand Washing: It essential to wash your hands before meals, after sneezing, coughing or blowing your nose.
- Do not let water enter your ear.
- Do not put anything inside your ear such as cotton buds, match stick, et cetra.
- Cigarette smoke: Exposure to cigarette smoke can increase the risk of respiratory and ear infections.
Read : Tonsillitis Home Remedies
This article is not meant to be a substitute to where the services of medical professional is urgently needed.
Here’s how you do it yourself…
Ear Pain Home Remedies
1. Kalanchoe Pinnata (Odaa opue in Igbo; Odundun, Abamoda in Yoruba; Miracle plant in English; Afiayo in Efik, Umbu in Ijo-Izon; Ebe-okponkpan in Urhobo; Ekpokpo in Edo; Satura in Hausa) it is very good in treatment of ear discharge. Warm the leaves of Kalanchoe Pinnata. Extract it juice. Put 2 drops in your ear 4 times a day for ear pain home remedies.
2. Barleria Prionitis (Porcupine flower in English; Sin-kin-mini in Yoruba) Squeezed fresh leaves of Barleria Prionitis. Drip 3 drops of the juice in your sore ear two times a day
3. Garlic (Tafarnuwa in Hausa Ayuu in Igbo Alubosa ayu in Yoruba) Crush the pods of fresh Garlic and extract it juice by adding little water. Put the extracted juice in a dropper. Put 2 drops in your ear 3 times a day. You may also chew raw Garlic pods.
4. Jatropha Curcas (Physic nut in English; Ewe Lapalapa, Botuje, Iyalode in Yoruba; Owulu idu, Olulu idu in Igbo; Ebosa, Oruruebo in Edo; Choyo in Bassa Nge; Ocigbede in Idoma; Cii ni dazuguu, Bii no dazugu in Hausa; Ishakpa in Urhobo) Extract the juice of fresh Jatropha Curcas plant. Put it in dropper. Drip 2 to 3 liquid into the affected ear 4 times a day.
5. Vernonia Amygdalina (Bitter leaf in English; Origbo in Urhobo; Ewuro in Yoruba; Olugbo in Idoma; Onugbo in Igbo; Chusar-doki in Hausa; Etidot in Ibibio; Oriwo in Edo; Ityuna in Tiv) Extract the juice of fresh bitter leaves. Put the juice in dropper, drip 2 or 3 drops of the bitter leaf juice on the affected ear. Do it 4 times a day.
5. Tinosporia Cordifolia (Heart Leaves in English; Epa ikun in Yoruba) Extract the juice of fresh Tinosporia Cordifolia. Drip 2 to 3 drops in to the affected ear. Do it two times a day.
6. Castor Oil : Drip 2 drops of Castor Oil in the affected ear. Cover the affected ear with cotton ball soak in castor oil.
7. Solanum Nigrum (Blacknight shade in English; Ogumon, Egunmon in Yoruba; Ebe-akpe in Urhobo; Gauta Kaji in Hausa; Ugum-akpe in Igbo; Anyana nnya in Efik) Extract the juice of Blacknight shade. Drip 2 drops of the leaves juice on the sore ear three times a day ear pain home remedies.
8. Goat Milk : Mix Goat Milk with RockSalt (Obu-oto-iyo in Yoruba). Drip 2 drops in the affected ear. Do it three times a day for ear pain home remedies.
9. Magnifera Indica (Mango in English; Imagolo in Urhobo; Mangoro in Yoruba; Mawgolo in Hausa; Mangolo in Igbo) Squeeze fresh Mango leaves to extract it juice and mix with half table of Olive oil. Drip 2 drops on the affected ear. Do it thrice daily for ear pain home remedies.
10. Breast Milk : It contains protein components, enzymes and immunoglobulins that fights ear infection. Drip 2 drops of fresh Breast Milk in the sore ear. Do it three times a day.
11. Eclipta Alba (Ink plant, False Daisy in English; Arojoku, Abiloko in Yoruba) Extract the juice of fresh Eclipta Alba leaves. Mix the extracted juice with Castor Oil. After 10 minutes. Drip 2 drops of mixture in the sore ear.
12. Coconut Oil (Adiagbon in Yoruba; Mai Allayadi in Hausa; Ori Kokodia in Urhobo; Mmanu Aki beke in Igbo; Ano ipari in Idoma) Drip 2 drops of Coconut oil in the affected ear and cover it with cotton ball that is a little bit soak in Coconut oil.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) : Drip 2 drops of ACV in the sore ear. Do it twice daily for ear pain home remedies.
14. Olive Oil : Soak a cotton ball in Olive Oil. Cover the sore ear with cotton ball soak in Olive Oil.
15. Beets / Beetroot: Extract the juice of Beets or Beetroot leaves. Put the juice in the sore ear to get relief. It is good ear pain home remedies.
16. Asparagus Africanus (African Asparagus in English; Aluki, Kadankobe in Yoruba; Shekan bera in Hausa) Cut the roots of this plant into pieces. Soak them in water for 12 hours. Put little of it liquid in the dropper. Drip 2 drops of it the sore ear. Do it three times a day.
We diligently research and continuesly update our information. Please let us know if you find any error(s).
Thank YOU for reading!