Herpes treatments is aim treating very itchy and painful small red, swollen and liquid filled blisters or sore that appears near the eyes, mouth, lips and genitals. Herpes treatments will help to boost your immunity against herpes virus. Herpes is an infection caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) that affects both men and women.
Herpes is a contagious infection but the risk of you getting infected or being infectious varies and depends on how much active the virus is in your body. Some strains are less persistent than others. If you do not have strong immune system, it is possible for you to have symptoms years after you contracted the virus. You are not always infectious if you have herpes but the virus is occasionally shed from your skin when there’s no symptoms present. There is a risk of passing the infection on at anytime you have it. But most of the time when you do not have an out break, your are not infectious.
Also, the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) is dormant for most of time hidden in the sacral ganglia (nerve endings) where it cannot be reached by any medication currently available. When it reactivates, an antiviral medication can disrupt the virus in the process of replicating itself it reaches the skin and causes damage. The body antibodies plays vital role in limiting the length and severity of reoccurrences. With reoccurrences, the virus can replicate itself within 24 hours and the rest of the time there is evidence of a sore. The sore simply disrupted cells healing themselves.
However, once you are infected with Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) you have it forever which is the same whether you have oral herpes (HSV1) or genital herpes (HSV2). The good news is that, it can be managed effectively.
In this write-up we shall be looking at the symptoms, causes,types, herpes diet and herpes treatments for those that are interested.
These are why you must read this article; you will know :
- What is herpes?
- Herpes noticeable signs and symptoms
- Causes of herpes
- Different types of herpes that exists
- Diets that increases your immunity against herpes
- Food you must avoid when dealing with herpes and
- Herpes treatments.
Thank you for staying with me and let’s get going…
Want to know herpes symptoms?
- Pain or itchy sensation near the affected area.
- Blisters on the mouth, lips, hands, face, genitals, hips, back or around the nerve.
- HSV 2 in men, usually appear on the base of the penis and around the surrounding area and in women on the vulva, viginal and cervix.
Having explained herpes symptoms, let examine the causes and various types of herpes.
What are the causes of herpes?
Herpes can be cause by:
- Weak immune system.
- Tight clothing.
- Excess exposure to sunlight.
- Nutritional deficiencies.
- Having any form of unprotected sex with someone who has symptoms of an active virus.
- Excess consumption of alcohol.
- Cigarette smoking.
- Menstruation period and
- Foods high in arginine.
Types of Herpes
There are 100 known herpes virus, only 8 infect humans. They are:
1. HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS-1 (HSV-1) It appears in the form of cold sores or fever blisters around the mouth or on the face. It can be acquired through direct contact with the infected person and such person carry the virus with him or her for the rest of their lives.
2. HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV-2) It appears in the form of sores or blisters around the genital areas.
3. VARICELLA ZOSTER VIRUS (VZV/HHV-3) It is an acute infection that leads to varicella or “chicken pox”. It is contagious through direct with a skin lesion or through airbone spread from respiratory droplets.
4. EPSTEIN-BARR VIRUS (EBV/HHV-4) It can be spread through bodily fluids, particularly saliva through kissing, sharing utensils and tooth brushes. It can also be spread through blood and semen during sexual contact, blood transfusion and organ transplants. Most people contract EBV at some point in their lives, often during childhood. EBV is responsible for infectious mononucleosis as well as other illnesses.
5. CYTOMEGALO VIRUS (CMV/HHV-5) 50 to 70 per cent of all adults and 50 percent of all children are infected with this virus without knowing it. It can be spread through saliva, semen, blood transfusion, breast milk, urine, and other bodily fluids.
6. HUMAN HERPES VIRUS-6 (HBLV/HHV-6) is commonly associated with Roseola infantum or “sixth disease” on set is abrupt with high fever 3 to 5 days and is followed by a rash on the torso and spreading to the limbs and face as temperature subsides.
7. HUMAN HERPES VIRUS-7(HHV-7) Infects nearly all children by the age of 3 and is transmitted mainly through saliva. In adults, the virus spreads through semen, sexual contact and saliva.
8. HUMAN HERPES VIRUS-8 (KSH/HHV-8) Also known as Kaposi’s sarcoma, manifests as a unnective tissue cancer. HHV-8 produces a malignant lesion characterized by neoplastic cells abnormally growing blood vessels. It is associated with HIV/AIDS.
I know that’s a lot to take in, but bear with…
Next is, how you can keep herpes at bay and increases your immunity against it
You consume certain foods and avoid some for herpes treatments. The foods to consume are:
1. Omega-3 fatty acidsrich foods: Incude walnuts, flaxseeds and fish such as sardine, tuna, anchovies and herring. They reduce inflammation and repairs damaged body tissue.
2. Fruits and vegetables: Such as apples, pears, pawpaw or papaya, apricot, cauliflower, garlics, dandelion, orange, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, cabbage, et cetra. They contains antioxidants, raise body immunity levels and heals wounds or sores caused by herpes.
3. Lysine rich foods: A diet packed with amino acid helps you to stop the multiplication of herpes virus and prevents outbreaks. They are vegetables, wild caught fish, free range organic chicken or turkey, legumes, fruits and brewer’s yeast.
4. Zinc rich foods: Are needed to protect the body from viruses or infections. In order words, they rebuild the skin. They keep the virus dormant and speed up healing process. Foods rich in zinc minerals are raw pumpkin seeds, benni seeds (sesame seeds), green peas, oysters, shrimps, grass feeds beef, organ meats (liver) and spinach.
These are foods you must avoid: Herpes Treatments
To limit the severity and duration of herpes you must avoid some foods. I can hear you asking why? It is because they will weaken your immune system and worsens the irritation of your skin.
1. L-ARGININE RICH FOODS : Excess intake of foods loaded with arginine may trigger herpes outbreak. Examples of such foods are sunflower seeds, peanuts (ground nuts) , soy bean or soya bean, chocolates. These amino acids rich foods give room for the multiplication of herpes virus.
2. Foods Rich in Added Sugar: Added sugar can be found in soft drinks, snacks, yogurt, et cetra. Excess sugar weakens immune functions, worsens inflammation and make the body acidic.
3. Avoid Bodily Contact with Acidic Foods: If you have an outbreak, avoid acidic foods from touching open sores. They are citrus fruits, tomatoes and vinegar. If not they may worsen your pain.
4. Processed Foods: Several processed foods weaken your immunity, causes sensitivities or allergies that worsens inflammation and apart from that, they contains genetically modified ingredients.
But wait there’s more…
Once you are infected with Herpes Virus, it remains in your system forever. The only thing that can help you, is to always keep your immunity strong by eating foods that will raise your immune system and avoids foods that lower your immunity. Avoiding excess consumption of alcohol, tobacco smoking and recreation drugs will go a long way to keeping herpes virus at bay.
Next is Herpes Treatments
Do consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and herpes treatments. Use home remedies just as an adjunct treatment.
1. ALOE VERA JUICE (Ahon erin in Yoruba; Tinya in Hausa; Ebube agu in Igbo) It contains antiviral and antiseptic properties that reduces inflammation, soothe the skin and hasten the healing process. Cut fresh Aloe Vera leaf into half. Obtain the juice. Use cotton wool to apply the Aloe Vera juice over the affected area. Do it thrice daily for herpes treatments. Any used cotton wool should be properly disposed.
2. COCONUT OIL (Mmanu aki bekee in Igbo; Ori kokodia in Urhobo; Ano ipari in Idoma; Adi agbon in Yoruba) Take 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil with 1 tablespoon of Lime juice (Ruwa baba lemu in Hausa; Omi osan ganyin in Yoruba; Itie-akpaenfi in Urhobo; Oroma inkirisi in Igbo) Take it twice in a day for herpes treatments.
3. GARLIC (Alubosa ayu in Yoruba; Tafarnuwa in Hausa; Ayuu in Igbo) Crush 2 pods of Garlics and add little water to it. Apply it topically on the affected area with cotton wool for herpes treatments. Properly dispose the used cotton balls. Wash your hands with soap and water.
4. LEMON BALM OIL: It is also known as Melissa extract. This oil prevent herpes multiplication. Mix thoroughly 4 drops of Lemon Balm Oil with either 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil or Olive oil. Apply it over the affected area with the help of cotton balls. Do it thrice daily for herpes treatments.
5. ECHINACEA : It leaves contains antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties that enable the body to produce defence against herpes virus. Prepare tea decoction of Echinacea leaves. Drink 250 ml twice in a day for herpes treatments.
6. LICORICE (Omi-sin-misin in Yoruba) grind Liquorice into powder and add little water to form paste. Apply it over the affected area. After 25 to 30 minutes rinse it away from the herpes with clean water, making sure uninfected area does not have contact with the water. Do it twice in a day for herpes treatments.
7. BAKING SODA : Add little water to half tablespoon Baking soda to form a paste. Gently apply it over the herpes sores with clean cotton balls. Once you are done, discard the used cotton balls properly. Do it thrice a day for herpes treatments.
8. GREEN TEA BAG: It contains antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Immersed green tea bag in a cup of 150 ml hot water for 10 minutes. Allow it to cool down and apply the wet tea bag over the infected area. Throw away the used tea bag, once you are through. Drink the tea water also. Throw away the used tea bag. Do it 3 times in a day for herpes treatments.
9. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR ( ACV) dip cotton ball inside Apple Cider Vinegar, rub it around the herpes sores. Use different cotton balls always to prevent reoccurrences of herpes. Do it thrice a day for herpes treatments.
10. TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL : it has the ability to prevent the replication of herpes virus and weakens it. Dilute 4 drops of this essential oil with 1 tablespoon of either olive oil or Coconut oil. Apply it over the affected area to get relief from itching caused by herpes. Do it twice daily for herpes treatments.
11. JATROPHA CURCAS (Physic nut, Babardos nut in English; Lapalapa, Botuje, ewe iya lode in Yoruba; bii no zuguu, cii ni dazu guu in Hausa; Ochigbede in Idoma; Owulu idu in Igbo; Choyo in Bassa nge; Oruru ebo in Edo; Olulu idu in Igbo) Pluck some Jatropha Curcas fresh leaves. Squeeze the leaves to extract it juice. Apply the juice with the help of cotton balls over the areas affected with the sores for herpes treatments. After 15 – 20 minutes rinse it away with clean water. Do it twice in a day. Always discard the used cotton balls properly.
We diligently research and continuesly update our information. Please let us know, if you find any error(s).