Vaginal discharge treatment help in the restoration of normal balance of healthy bacteria in your vaginal. Vaginal discharge treatment will raise your immune system and hasten recovery. Vaginal discharge that is also known as leucorrhea occurs when fluids made by glands inside the vaginal and cervix carries away dead bacteria and cells. Vaginal discharge is the body way of keeping the vaginal clean and healthy. Vaginal discharge is most often normal and regular occurrence. However, normal vaginal discharge is thin like mucus and clear or slightly yellow based on the time of your menstrual cycle. Abnormal discharge may be yellow or green, chunky in consistency or foul smelling. For instance, there will be more discharge when you’re ovulating, breast feeding or sexually aroused and may smell different when you are pregnant or when your personal hygiene have slide. None of this changes is cause for worry.
In this write-up we will learn about the causes, signs or Symptoms, diets, how vaginal discharge can be prevented and vaginal discharge treatment.
Now this are important…
This are what you will gain by reading this article. You will know:
- The causes of vaginal discharge.
- Vaginal discharge noticeable symptoms.
- Diets to avoid when you are suffering from vaginal discharge.
- Diets recommended for those that are battling with vaginal discharge.
- How vaginal discharge can be prevented and
- Vaginal discharge treatment.
Now let me walk you through…
Causes of Vaginal Discharge
Changes can take place if the normal balance of healthy bacteria (germs) in your genital is upset which are due to:
- Antibiotic or steroid use.
- Birth control pills.
- Cervical cancer.
- Chlamydia or gonorrhea (STDs).
- Bacteria Vaginosis (a bacteria infection more common in pregnant women or women with multiple sexual partners).
- Yeast infections.
- Vaginitis (irritation in or around the vaginal).
- Douches, scented soaps or lotion bubble bath.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
- Trichomoniasis (a parasitic infection typically contracted and caused by unprotected sex).
- Vaginal atrophy (thinning and drying out of the vaginal walls during menopause) and
- Hormonal imbalance due to severe stress.
Having explained the causes of Vaginal discharge. Now let’s examine the symptoms.
Vaginal discharge Symptoms
- Smelly whitish, yellowish or greenish discharge.
- Tiredness due to loss of vital fluids as discharges.
- Painful sexual act.
- Intense itching of the vaginal.
- Digestive disorder such as constipation.
- Irritability or lack of concentration at work.
- Burning urination and frequent urge to pass very little urine.
- Backache, pain in the leg and intense vaginal itching.
- Rashes or sore spots on the genitals.
All these symptoms should not be ignored, it could mean you are dealing with an infection or other conditions.
So what are the catch?
If you’re suffering from vaginal discharge you must avoid the following diets:
- Tinned or canned foods.
- Fried and spicy foods.
- Stay away from tea, coffee and alcohol.
- Food made of white flour.
- Not to worsen your condition it is better you avoid all kinds of meat while you’re still suffering from this condition.
- Stay away from non vegetarians foods.
- Avoid mushrooms, eggs, bread, sweet and smoking.
- Stay away from sugary or fermented foods.
All the following nutritional supplements will strengthen your immune system and hasten full recovery. They are vitamin A, C, and E that are vital for healthy reproductive health and immune systems. Vitamin B provide the body with strength and vitality while vitamin C help in eliminating viruses and bacteria.
So what’s are the solutions?
The following are vaginal discharge recommended diets:
- Stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Eat plenty of nuts, whole grains and seeds.
- Eat foods that are rich in fibre, protein, complex carbohydrates and other vital nutrients as they not only treats leucorrhea but they prevent it occurrence.
- Consume lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Add okra, oranges, lemons, bananas, cranberry juice, black plums, brown rice, leafy greens, onions, yogurt. Also, include spices such as ginger, fenugreek, garlic, coriander in your diet.
Vaginal discharge can be prevented by:
- Not wearing of tight fitting clothes.
- Not wearing synthetic or nylon underwear rather wear cotton underwear.
- After using the toilet, always wipe from front to back, anal region to ensure safety.
- Do not douche.
- Avoid deodorant pads and bubble bath.
- Bath daily and pat your genital area dry.
- Change your laundry detergents or fabric softener, if you think, it may be irritating your genital area.
- The latex in condoms and diaphragms and sperm killing gels that are used for birth control can be irritating for some women, if so talk to your physician about other types of birth control.
Having explained how vagina discharge can be prevented. Let’s now proceed to vaginal discharge treatment
Do consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment of this condition. Use home remedies just as an adjunct treatment.
Vaginal Discharge Treatment
1. Mango: Apply the pulp of a ripe mango fruit to your vaginal area and let it remain for a while. Rinse it out with clean water.
2.Curry Plant (Effinrin oso in Yoruba; Ebafo in Bini) Prepare tea decoction of some curry leaves and flowers in 250ml water. When it is lukewarm, strain and drink. Do it once daily for vaginal discharge treatment.
3. Walnut (Awusa,Asala in Yoruba; Ukpa in Igbo; Okhue, Okwe in Bini)
Boil the leaves or roots of Walnut in water. After it have cool down wash your genital with it.
4 . Psidium Guajava(Guava in English; Gorofa in Yoruba; Gova in Igbo) Boil the leaves of Guava in water. Drink 250ml of this decoction twice daily for vaginal discharge treatment.
5. Azadirachta Indica ( Neem in English; Bedi, Dongoyaro in Hausa; Ogwu akon in Igbo; Ewe cassia in Yoruba) Prepare tea decoction of fresh Neem leaves. When it cool down, wash your genital with it. Also, chew 5 fresh Neem leaves twice in a day and drink water upon it for vaginal discharge treatment.
6. Lawsonia Inermis (Henna in English; Lali in Yoruba; Lalle in Hausa; Lelle in Igbo) Obtain fresh Henna leaves. Squeeze it in water to extract the juice. Mix 50 ml of Henna juice with 100ml of fresh Orange juice (Osan didun in Yoruba; Lemu in Hausa; Sakoro in Efik; Olom in Igbo; Alemu in Idoma). Drink once a day for vaginal discharge treatment.
7. Lemon Juice (Itie-akpaenfi in Urhobo; Lemonu, Ekpe nkirisi in Igbo; Omi osan ganyin in Yoruba; Ruwan baba lemu in Hausa) Add 2 tablespoons of Lemon juice in 200ml of glass water. Wash your genital area with it. Do it daily. Also, add 2 tablespoons of Lemon juice in 150 ml cup of water, mix and drink once a day for vaginal discharge treatment.
8. Glutinous rice or Stick rice: Boil 3 tablespoons of Glutinous rice in 300ml water for 10 minutes. When the water is cool strain, the water add 1 tablespoon of organic pure honey. Mix and drink once a day for vaginal discharge treatment.
9. Fenugreek Seeds (Eso ewedu in Yoruba; Hulba in Hausa; Ukpo idooma in Idoma; Kerenkeren, Ahenhea in Igbo) It contain properties that naturally treats Leucorrhea. Boil 2 tablespoons of Fenugreek Seeds in 300ml water for 8 minutes. When it is cool down drink half of it and use the other half for douche. Do it twice in a day for vaginal discharge treatment.
10. Orisa Sativa water (Brown rice water in English; Omi iresi in Yoruba; Ruwan shinkafa in Hausa) Put 2 tablespoons of Brown rice in water. Boil it for 10 – 12 minutes. Drink the water when it is cool down. Do it once a day for vaginal discharge treatment.
11. Banana (Ogede omimi, Ogede paranta in Yoruba; Agbo in Idoma; Unine, Unere in Igbo; Ayaba in Hausa) Eat 2 pieces of ripe bananas daily on an empty stomach before breakfast to cure Leucorrhea daily. Do it for 14 days for vaginal discharge treatment.
12. Coriander Seeds : soak 2 tablespoons of Coriander Seeds in a cup of water overnight. Strain and drink the water on an empty stomach in the morning for vaginal discharge treatment.
13. Amaranthus Hybridus (Efo tete in Yoruba; Namijin gaa saa, Namijin zaaki banza in Hausa; Inine in Igbo) Boil fresh Amaranthus Hybridus in water. Drink 250 ml and use it to douche after it had cool down. Do it once a day for vaginal discharge treatment.
14. Okra/Lady finger (ila in Yoruba; idu in Idoma; Kubewa in Hausa; Okwuru in Igbo) slice 2 fresh Okra pods. Put the sliced Okra together with the sticky liquid ooze that stick to your hand in 250ml cup of water at night. Cover it to avoid contamination. Strain and drink the Okra water on an empty stomach before breakfast for vaginal discharge treatment.
15. Acacia Nilotica (Booni in Yoruba; Bargaruwa in Hausa) Prepare tea decoction of Acacia Nilotica bark. When it cool, use it to douche the genital area.
16. Semamum Indicum (Benni seeds in English; Ridi in Hausa; Ocha in Idoma; Igogo in Igala; Ekuku gogoro in Yoruba; Gorigo in Ebira; Ishwa in Tiv) Dip a cotton wool in Sesame seeds oil and clean your genital area with it. Do it twice in a day for vaginal discharge treatment.
17. Figs (Opoto in Yoruba; Farin baure in Hausa) Cut 2 dried Figs into slices, soak in a cup of water overnight. Blend them in morning. Consume it for Vaginal discharge treatment.
18. Spring Onion / Leafy Onion (Alubosa Elewe in Yoruba; Albasa Mai Lawashi in Hausa), Roots of Senna Podocarpa (Asuwon in Yoruba; Ogelu ogala in Igbo), Roots of Glyphea brevis (Atorin, Etunrun in Yoruba; Aloanyansi in Igbo) and include little Potash (Kahun in Yoruba; Kanwa in Igbo). All the mentioned items should be put in a pot fill with very hot water. Allow it to remain overnight and cover it. After that drink 300ml on an empty stomach in the morning before breakfast. Drink once a day and do it for 3 to 5 days for vaginal discharge treatment.
We deligently research and continuesly update our information. If you find any error(s), please let us know.
Thank you for visiting!Follow us on social media