The objective of obesity treatment is to assist you to shed excess body fat that might affect your health through: through a healthy diet, changes in lifestyle, physical exercise, medication and long term commitment to watch what you eat and drink. Obesity treatment will assist you to reduce your chances of suffering from medical problems such as: high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and certain cancers. Obesity is a significant and growing public health concern that has been characterized by the World Health Organization (WHO) as “global epidemic”. While this disease is a challenge in high income countries. For some time, it is now common in several lower income countries.
Obesity is known as excess body weight. It occurs as a result of excessive accumulation of fat. When calories intake are greater than the amount of calories burned by the body, the remaining one is stored as fat which result in overweight or obesity.
Let’s pull the emergency brake…
In this article I will explore the causes, symptoms of obesity, complications, weight loss diet and obesity treatment for those that need it.
These are why you must read this article to the end; you will know:
- Several causes of obesity.
- Obesity symptoms or signs.
- Complications that may arise if obesity is not properly dealt with.
- What you must do for successful obesity treatment or weight loss.
- Obesity treatment for healthy weight loss.
Now let me lift the veil for you…
Besides a person eating behavior, a number of factors can lead to obesity which include:
- Physical inactivity.
- Lack of sleep.
- Family history.
- Certain medication that can cause weight gain or water retention in the body.
- Busy work schedule with little time for active lifestyle.
- Limited access to healthy foods.
- Hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid gland that slows metabolism, causes fatigue and body weakness)
- Hormonal imbalance
- Pander-Willi Syndrome (a rare genetic condition in which people never fell full and so they want to eat always)
- Cushing Syndrome (an over production of the hormone CORTISOL by the adrenal gland that is characterized by weight gain in the upper body, face and neck).
Having through with the causes of obesity. The next section will treat the symptoms and compactions that may arise if obesity is not properly treated.
Read: Gout Treatment
Obesity increases chances of developing the following health problems. They are:
- Coronary heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Type 2 diabetes
- Some cancers (such as colon, breast, endometrial, gallbladder, kidney and liver)
- Infertility or irregular periods
Obesity may result in emotional problems such as:
- Social embarrassment
- Social isolation and
- Lower work achievement.
Before proceeding to examine how you can healthly reduce your weight via obesity treatment. Less examine what you must do for successful weight loss.
Weight Loss Diet
For obesity treatment or weight loss to be successful:
- Eat fruits and vegetables of different types and colours.
- Eat whole grain and foods rich in fibre such as oat, wheat, barely, et cetra.
- Eat lean meat such as fish.
- Drink enough water, and stay clear of unhealthy, high energy foods such as processed foods, fast foods, sugary drinks and alcohol rather eat healthier foods.
- Limit consumption of saturated fat, added salt and sugar in any form.
But wait, there’s more…
- Never skip your breakfast.
- Resist the urge to over eat.
- Sleep 7 to 8 hours at night.
- Check your body weight regularly.
- Monitor what you eat and
- Do moderate exercise daily for better healthier living.
Do consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment of this condition. Use home remedies as an adjunct treatment.
1. CHICKWEEDS ( Awede in Yoruba) It will curb your appetite, good for weight loss and it’s naturally diuretic. Prepare tea infusion of this herb. Drink 250 ml twice in a day. It is very effective in obesity treatment.
2. POMEGRANATE: Eating of pomegranate fruit and drinking it fresh natural juice help in obesity treatment and management when taking regularly.
3. CUCUMBER: It contains fibre that keeps you full for long and aid food digestion. Include cucumber in your diet to reap it benefits for obesity treatment.
4. HUNTERIA UMBELLEYTA SEEDS ( Eso abere in Yoruba; Osu in Edo; Mkpokiri, Otosu, Osu – Igwe in Igbo) Grind dried seeds to powder. Soak it in lime juice( Ekpe nkirisi in Igbo, Ruwan lemu tsami in Hausa; Omi osan wewe, Omi oronbo in Yoruba) Soak them for 24 hours. Also include little flat Camphor (Kafura in Yoruba). Take 2 tablespoons of the liquid twice a day.
Avoid it if you are diabetic. If not it may lower you blood sugar levels suddenly.
5. BLACK PEPPER (Uziza in Igbo; Masooroo in Hausa; Ata iyere in Yoruba)It contains piperine that helps in weight loss. Add Black Pepper in your diet daily.
6. GARCINIA COLA (Bitter cola in English; Edun,Efiari in Efik; Oje in Bokyi; Igoligo in Idoma; Aku ilu, Ugolo in Igbo; Akaan in Ijo-Izon; Okain in Itsekiri; Efrie in Ejagham-kin; Cida-goro, Majin- goro in Hausa; Emiale in Icheve; Orogbo in Yoruba) It is a natural hunger suppressant making you drinking more water. Chew Butter Cola always.
7. UNRIPE PLANTAIN (Ogede agbagba dudu in Yoruba; Agbo ochi in Igbo; Ayaba in Hausa; Abereka, Ojioko, Ogbadejieoke in Igbo; Oghede in Bini) It is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre content, essential vitamins and minerals. You can eat unripe plantains in roasted or boil form.
Avoid fried Plantains because it may worsens your condition.
Read : Depression Treatment
8. CARICA PAPAYA ( Pawpaw, Papaya in English; Ibepe in Yoruba; Okwuru bekoe, Okpurukwa, Ojo in Igbo; Ideru in Idoma; Eto-oyinbo in Urhobo; Gwanda in Hausa; Etihi-mbakara in Efik) The presence of powerful antioxidants in Papaya burn fat. Eat this ripe fruit in dinner.
9. CAJANUS CAJAN (Pigeon peas in English; Otili in Yoruba; Dogon wake in Hausa; Fiofio in Igbo; Olele in Bini) The dietary fibre found in Pigeon peas aid you in feeling full, increase metabolism rate and reduction in weight gain. Include pigeon peas in your diet.
10. WATER LEAF ( Ipi ape in Idoma; Ebedondon in Edo; Efo Gbure, Ewe gure in Yoruba; Nte oka in Igbo; Alenyruwa in Hausa) It helps to prevent obesity and reduce starchy food consumption due to it dietary fibre content. Cut Water Leaves together with it tender stems in to slices. Wash them with clean water. Blend them in water or use blender to blend them. The green liquid is your juice. Drink 250 ml two times a day. Take it within 10 minutes of preparation to get the best out of it. Throw away the chaff after consumption. Or: Slightly boil water leaf vegetables and consume in form of soup.
11. LEMON JUICE ( Ruwa baba lemu in Hausa; Itie akpaenfi in Urhobo; Omi osan ganyin in Yoruba; Oroma inkirisi in Igbo) Polyphenols present in Lemon suppresses body weight gain and accumulation of fat. Take 100ml of Lemon juice mix with 200 ml of lukewarm water and drink on an empty stomach in the morning before breakfast.
12. NEPETA CAPETARIA ( Egba owo opolo in Yoruba; Catnip in English) Prepare tea infusion of Catnip leaves. Drink 250 ml when it is lukewarm twice in a day.
13. GINGER (Chitta in Hausa; Atale in Yoruba; Jinja in Igbo) Put 1 tablespoon of Ginger powder in 300ml water. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes. Drink when it is lukewarm. Or: You may add fresh Ginger in your diet.
14. TURMERIC ( Gigir in Tiv; Gangamau, Kurkur in Hausa; Atale pupa in Yoruba) It aids in weight management and fat metabolism. Take 1 tablespoon of Turmeric with 1 table spoon of Organic pure honey. Take twice a day.
15. LIME JUICE ( Omi osan wewe, Omi oronbo in Yoruba; Evwe in Urhobo; Ruwa lemu tsami in Hausa; Ekpe nkirisi in Igbo; Alemu ikirisi in Idoma) Citric acid present in Lime orange is an excellent fat burner. Drink 100 ml of Lime juice mix with equal quantity of lukewarm water. Do it twice in a day.
16. Lycoprsicon Esculentum ( Tomato in English) Eat 3 to 4 raw Tomatoes for obesity treatment.
17 Fenugreek ( Ewedu in Yoruba; idooma in Idoma; Kerenkeren, Ahenhea in Igbo; Hulba in Hausa) It contains natural soluble fibre, galactomarna that assist in suppression of appetite by making you feel full and aid weight loss. Obtain fresh Fenugreek leaves. Wash with clean water. Blend them in water. Drink 300ml twice in a day. Or: Slightly boil Fresh Fenugreek leaves and consume. Or: Grind Fenugreek Seeds in to powder and mix with equal quantity of Organic pure honey. Take 2 tablespoons twice in a day for obesity treatment.
18. GYMNEMA SLYVESTRE ( Yaryandin kura in Hausa ) Take 1 tablespoon of leaf powder twice in a day for obesity treatment.
Lastly, the goal of obesity treatment is for you to have healthy weight and maintain it. Several factors play a role in obesity development. Genetic traits can increase the risk in some people. A healthful diet that contains lot of fresh food, together with regular exercise, will reduce the risk of obesity in many people. However, people that have genetic predisposition may not find it easy to maintain healthy weight. Note that the longer you are overweight, the harder, it may be for you to lose weight. That is why you must exercise patient when you want to lose. Wait lose won’t happen overnight. The less you moves around the fewer calories you burn. Physical exercise need not to be training in a gym. Physical work, walking, climbing stairs, cycling and household tasks all contribute.
We deligently research and continuesly update our information. If you find any errors(s), please let me us know.